Film Stock: Portra400 | Film Lab: Photovision
When October comes around, I’m all about the pumpkin! One of my favorite goodies to bake during the fall season is pumpkin bread. It’s a great snack and pairs amazing with a cup of coffee in the mornings. A few years back, I found a great recipe for pumpkin bread in the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook. Yes, I own a Harry Potter cookbook and I have no shame about it. There are actually a ton of amazing recipes in this book. You can find the link to grab your own copy at the bottom of this post! It makes a great gift for any Harry Potter lover!
I’ve since adjusted the recipe to my own liking and added a very important ingredient, Nutella! This addition makes the bread even more decadent and delicious. It’s a huge hit with my husband but he always want me to add more Nutella to the recipe. I use half of a cup because I think it’s just the right amount without making the pumpkin bread to chocolately but use as much or as little as you would like!
Nutella Pumpkin Bread – 15min prep time | 45-60min bake time
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 stick soften butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs at room tempature
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour loaf pan. Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Add in pumpkin and beat until combined. Add in milk and beat until combined. Slowly add in flour mixture on the lowest speed until combined.
- Scrape batter into the pan. Use a knife to spread and mix in Nutella into the center of the batter. Bake for 45 minutes, rotating halfway through baking, until the top is golden and the loaf is well risen and feels firm. My oven only takes 45 minutes but some may take up to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled, remove from pan and enjoy!
Get your own copy of this great cookbook!